Innovus Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (“Innovus Pharma” or the “Company”) (OTCQB: INNV), an emerging commercial-stage pharmaceutical company that delivers safe, innovative and effective over-the-counter medicine and consumer care products to improve men’s and women’s health and respiratory diseases, announced today its reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2019.
Financial highlights for the second quarter ended June 30, 2019 included:
- Revenues of approximately $6.8 million, an increase of $1.2 million or 27.7% compared to prior quarter;
- Year to date revenue of approximately $12.2 million in 2019 compared to $11.9 million in 2018;
- Increased focus on our highly profitable Canadian market representing 26% for the three months ended June 30, 2019 compared with 13% for the previous quarter;
- Continued diversification of revenue streams with e-commerce business representing 23% of total revenues in the three months ended June 30, 2019 as compared to 7% of total revenues in the three months ended June 30, 2018;
- Total operating loss of $1.2 million for the three months ended June 30, 2019 representing a 21% decrease from the previous first quarter 2019 results and from the three months ended June 30, 2018 results
- Sales & marketing expense as a percentage of total revenue declined to 41.7% for the three months ended June 30, 2019 compared with 75.6% in comparable period in the prior year;
- Quarterly product subscription and outbound concierge net revenue of $1.1 million compared to $0.7 million in the prior year or a 57.1% increase;
- Cash used in operations of $0.8 million for the three months ended June 30, 2019 compared with $2.8 million in the comparable period in the prior year;
- Reduced net loss per share to $0.66 for the three months ended June 30, 2019 compared with $0.94 for the comparable period in the prior year;
- Company’s cash and merchant processor holdback position as of August 9, 2019 was $2.1 million; and
- Expanded our FDA approved ANDA pipeline by three new OTC products.
2019 Second Quarter and Recent Corporate Progress
- Established relationship with two large media publication organizations in Canada;
- Announced supply relationship with a third party to supply Omeprazole 20mg tablets and Omeprazole 20mg 24 hour delayed release capsules approved by the FDA for the treatment of frequent heartburn;
- Announced the CPNP notification number required to commercialize Diabasens® in all 28 member countries of the European Union; and
- Engaged with a third-party fulfillment company to support Canadian sales to reduce shipping costs by up to 45%.
“We continue to show improvements in our sales and marketing focused on achieving profitability as we spend on highly profitable sales channels and geographies, diversify our revenue streams and expand globally which has resulted in a reduction of our operating loss by 21% compared with the prior quarter. We continue to work on identifying cost efficiencies and profitable revenue streams to enhance our core business, increase our product revenues and work towards our goal of profitability,” stated Bassam Damaj, President and Chief Executive Officer of Innovus Pharma.
The Company will host a conference call at 4:15 p.m. ET/1:15 p.m. PT today to discuss the financial results and recent business developments. To participate in the call, please dial 1-877-270-2148 for domestic callers or 1-412-902-6510 for international callers and request to join the Innovus Pharmaceuticals conference call. A replay of the call will be available for 30 days. To access the replay, dial 1-877-344-7529 domestically or 1-412-317-0088 internationally or 1-855-669-9658 for Canada and reference Replay Access Code: 10134333. The replay will be available shortly after the end of the conference call.
|Consolidated Statements of Operations (amounts in thousands except weighted average share and per share amounts) All Financial Tables here.|
About Innovus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Headquartered in San Diego, Innovus Pharma is an emerging OTC consumer goods and specialty pharmaceutical company engaged in the commercialization, licensing and development of safe and effective non-prescription medicine and consumer care products to improve men’s and women’s health and vitality and respiratory diseases. Innovus Pharma delivers innovative and uniquely presented and packaged health solutions through its (a) OTC medicines and consumer and health products, which we market directly, (b) commercial partners to primary care physicians, urologists, gynecologists and therapists, and (c) directly to consumers through our on-line channels, retailers and wholesalers. The Company is dedicated to being a leader in developing and marketing new OTC and branded Abbreviated New Drug Application (“ANDA”) products. The Company is actively pursuing opportunities where existing prescription drugs have recently, or are expected to, change from prescription (or Rx) to OTC.
For more information, go to www.innovuspharma.com; www.zestra.com; www.ejectdelay.com; www.myvesele.com; www.urivarx.com; www.sensumplus.com; www.myandroferti.com; www.beyondhumantestosterone.com; www.getbeyondhuman.com; www.trybeyondhuman.com; www.recalmax.com; www.prostagorx.com; www.xyralid.com; www.fluticare.com; www.allervarx.com; and www.apeaz.com; www.mzssleepingaid.com; www.novalere.com; and www.diabasens.com.
Innovus Pharma’s Forward-Looking Safe Harbor
Statements under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act, as amended: with the exception of the historical information contained in this release, the matters described herein contain forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties that may individually or mutually impact the matters herein described for a variety of reasons that are outside the control of the Company, including, but not limited to, its financial results, projected revenues, projected online subscribers and other customers, estimated markets for its products, and statements about achieving its other corporate and business development, growth, commercialization, financial and staffing objectives. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements as actual results could differ materially from the forward-looking statements contained herein. Readers are urged to read the risk factors set forth in the Company’s most recent filing on Form S-1, annual report on Form 10-K, subsequent quarterly reports filed on Form 10-Q and other filings made with the SEC. Copies of these reports are available from the SEC’s website or without charge from the Company.